Monday, November 22, 2010

Mommy and Owen's First Day

Phew!!!  Glad that one's over....Phew!  Glad it went PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owen was amazing!  Amie (our babysitter) is in love with our son!  She said that he was having a blast watching the other children play :-)  She said he was smiling at everything!  I said, "Yup, that's Owen!"  She said, "He didn't sleep much.....just power naps"  I said, "Yup, that's Owen!"  She said, "When he slept, the big loud noises didn't wake him!"  I said, "Yup, that's Daddy working around the house!" :-)

Owen did great, and so did his mommy!  I have gotten really good at removing myself from personal feelings and beliefs when at work.  That's what my previous jobs have taught me, and I have been so fortunate to learn.  When anyone said, "How are you doing with the baby gone?" I said, "I'm trying not to think about it."  They were kind enough to change the subject, and I was short enough to hold it together.  I lost it on the phone with Amie.  I was happy, relieved, sad and proud!  I know Owen's good!  I know he transitions well!  I know he's social :-) 

But, I was worried that he would forget his mom.  I was worried that I have learned his whole life's routine, and he would do things foreign to me.  I was worried to not know my son.  I never want to be unable to predict his mood.  I know him so well.  I do not want to lose that.

When I got home, after picking him up, Owen was sleeping.  Dave picked him up out of the carseat,  which woke him up, but was pleasant.....even though he was 1/2 hour past his eating time.  Owen looked at me, and with is flirty eyes, gave me a glorious smile!!!  YAHOO!!!  Thanks, Owen!!!  I needed that!!!!!!!  It was a look that I have never seen before.  I feel weird saying that he was giving me his flirty look, but......I am his first love, right!!!???!? 

Dave and I went to dinner to celebrate our new transition :-)  Owen was perfect, of course!

When we got home, I was on the phone, and we put Owen on our bed just to hang out while we got ready for the rest of the night (comfy clothes, hair up, makeup washed) when Dave started playing with Owen.  I had to wrap up my conversation because we witnessed something we have never seen before.  A laugh.  Oh, he's giggled before, but this was a laugh!!!!!!!  Big 'ole BELLY LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!  I was able to catch the tale end of it, but hopefully you get the idea of what we got to witness :-)


Owen, you knew EXACTLY what we needed to make us feel good today!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment