Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Feeling Sorry for Myself

I have everything.  I have an amazing home, a job that offers challenges each and every day, a son who is so much fun and worth every breath in life.  But none of that means a darn thing without the love of your life.

I can't help to be sad and feel guilty.  There are so many who deserve to have a pity party, and I feel that I shouldn't be one of them.  My problem is far less significant.  But I can't help the way I feel.  I welcome change.   I love it.  I do NOT love it when that change effects my family.  I find stability and strength in my home life.  I love it, and would never give it up. 

Dave has been away for a week and a few days now.  He is out of town for work.  He leaves on Monday, and comes home on Thursday.   The thing is.....I close the store on Thursday, and then I open the store on Friday.  UGH!!  So, I don't see Dave until Friday evening.

The worst part is that Dave has Owen in the evening.  This is a rough time for Owen.  Poor guy is cranky with Dave.  I think I have him figured out, and I thought Dave did too.  I guess maybe Owen just wants mom.  The whole thing breaks my heart!!!!!!!!!!!  Not to mention puts more pressure and stress on us.

Owen is a good baby.  I am doing fine without Dave.  But, I miss him.  Two and two can be
 together, but unless they equal four, they are separate.

Probably 3 or 4 more weeks, and we'll be done.  Until the next job that takes him away. 

I guess I am fortunate to love so much it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. :( Hormones could be to blame for the way you're feeling. Don't feel guilty about it. Matt travels for work too and he's probably going to be away more starting with the new year. Too bad we don't live closer to each other so we could hang out while the guys are away.

    ReplyDelete